Tuesday, 17 April 2012

Something crafty

Yes, I'm still again scrapbooking! I've been struggling quite a bit with my scrapbooking mojo since November-ish last year. My Journal Your Christmas/December Daily album is still only half-finished (though all of the journalling, photos and base pages are ready, it's just a matter of adding embellishments) but I lose every desire to scrap whenever I think about continuing with it. My Project Life album is complete up to week 9 and consists of envelopes with printed photos and journalling notes from week 10-15 (i.e. up-to-date when it come to documenting but not in terms of assembling). It felt like all I did was Project Life recently which again didn't help my mojo.
So I've decided to "allow" myself a break from these two projects (the only exception being that I still continue taking and printing photos and jotting down my journalling for PL) and continue with them whenever I feel like it. Shortly after making this decision the fun in scrapbooking came back a bit and really arrived when I decided to make a few evenings and all of Sunday every week a computer-free zone. This has helped me find my way back into scrapbooking and I've been quite prolific these last couple of weeks. I have a 5.5-day scrapbooking break coming up soon so I'm very happy with this turn of events.
With all this in mind I thought I could take photos of my LOs this year and post them... Well, 1.5 hours later I am a bit fed up. Much as I love my camera, I can't get decent shots of LOs with it, they are either blurry, out of focus or "flashy". I will have to retake all of the photos later this week (hopefully).
There were a handful of shots that I could salvage so I've uploaded them:


Kiepenkerl (a sweet pastry found in German bakeries in early November and sometimes up to December)
I think this LO may have been based on a sketch but I didn't make any notes and can't remember for sure. Please give me a shout if you think you know the source so that I can update and credit accordingly:
Kiepenkerl


Just a Tiny Batch 
This tells the story of our huge print order last year, when 2,000 photos turned into 4,000...
Just a Tiny Batch


A Tale of Two Moves
I finally tackled the photos from our move 4 years ago, a move that took place in 2 stages (first a move within the UK followed by a second "move" that re-united us with all our belongings that had been kept in storage in Germany for almost 2 years). I had so many photos that this LO turned into a bit of  a hybrid between a normal scrapbook page and a mini book. There are plenty of photos and lots of journalling inside the file folder.
A Tale of 2 Moves
A Tale of 2 Moves - Detail

No comments:

Who's behind Sisterly Creations?